Include of fonction from mod

Nodiaque
2007-04-07
2013-05-07
  • Nodiaque

Nodiaque - 2007-04-07

Hi, I saw the thread about multiple folder hierarchy. It's nice that now we can do that but it would be nice to implement it like the rf-mod. Also some feature in it would be good like the ability to select from bass, guitar or cords partition for gh2 songs.

• Cameron Leggett

Cameron Leggett - 2007-04-21

I would realy like to be able to chose the differnt bass and guitar.  I think a good multi-player would be a great start, somthing with a split screen and the head2 head and/or the Co-op. There is a mod someone was working on over at fretsonfire.net.

• Lexen

Lexen - 2008-01-14

I have never used the rf-mod because I can't get it to work on my ubuntu machine, but it seems like it is everything FoF needs.  Is there anyway to have the mod integrated into the code?  Is there a policy issue here where the programmers don't want those features?  Because it would really make the game one of the best open source games out there and would really show what they can do.  I am sure I am not the first to think of this, so my question is why hasn't it happened?

Thanks,
      Lexen

• Sami Kyöstilä

Sami Kyöstilä - 2008-01-21

This is actually something we have been discussing with the author of RF-mod. The target is to get RF-mod integrated into the game in one shape or another. We'll tell more about this once we have the details sorted out.

• Alex Samonte

Alex Samonte - 2008-01-16

RF-mod-4.15 for linux seems to work for most linux users now.  I had some trouble packaging it in the past (4.14 and prior).

Much (if not all) of the RF-mod code will be integrated into the next release of FoF.

You can read more details about it in this thread http://www.fretsonfire.net/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=2;t=15953

-Alex

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks