Question about the "Find and Replace" window of the note panel

2018-10-27
2018-11-02
  • Robertonisola

Robertonisola - 2018-10-27

Hi everybody,

I am looking for a hot key to activate this "Find and Replace" window:

(please see the attachment)

This "Find and Replace" window belongs to the note panel. Normally, when you are editing some text inside the note panel, you just need to press Ctrl + F to activate this window.

However, when your mouse are not inside the note panel, for example, when you are editing nodes on the map, then you cannot activate this window by any hot key. I even tried the "assign hot key" feature of Freeplane, but it didn't let me do the job.

So my question is, how can I activate this window by hot key regardless of where I am editing?

Thank you.

Last edit: Robertonisola 2018-10-27
  • nnako

nnako - 2018-10-27

Hi @Robertonisola,

the find&replace functionality you mentioned seems to belong directly to the NoteEditor-App. As far as I know, there is no way to activate it outside the NoteEditor (please correct me, folks).

What you could alternatively do is use Freplane's (more sophisticated) own find&replace functionality which lists ALL possible search results in one window for you to select and replace individually and in one go. In order to activate this functionality, press

CTRL + SHIFT + F
    open search&replace window

An alternative is to use a step-by-step search&replace functionality similar to the one the NoteEditor-App provides:

CTRL + G
    open search specification window for current map

CTRL + SHIFT + G
    find next match within current map

Hope this helps.

• Robertonisola

Robertonisola - 2018-11-02

Hi nnako,

Thank you for your answer. It helps.