Menu

How to create hyperlink in the NOTES editor?? (Feature request)

Jcrawfordx
2014-10-16
2014-11-28
  • Jcrawfordx

Jcrawfordx - 2014-10-16

There does not seem to be any obvious way to create hyperlinks in the notes editor.

I find I need ways to link directly to Evernotes, external sites, etc. within my notes.

Am I missing something or is does this need to be a feature request??

Thanks!

• Henk van den Akker

Hi Jcrawfordx,

Yes you can!

1. Select the text you want to turn into a hyperlink
      2. From the menu choose Edit > Add or modify hyperlink (type)...
      3. Enter or paste your URL
      4. Click OK and ready is your hyperlink

Cheers!

Henk

• Jcrawfordx

Jcrawfordx - 2014-10-16

Thanks! That seems to work fine only for specific files or web links.

However, I need to be able to call up the Evernote program to access a specific database record on my local machine (not on the web). I think this may be more like a command line rather than a URL link. It looks like this:

evernote:///view/2280/s1/f76f2743-7dd1-4654-ace6-0deebdb14ed9/f76f2743-7dd1-4654-ace6-0deebdb14ed9/

When I add this URL as a link in a NOTE, Freeplane just gives me a "not found" error.

Note that this is NOT a reference to a file on my hard drive nor is it in HTML format. Incidentally, If I use this same URL for a link in a NODE (not a NOTE), it seems to work. I briefly get the "not found" error message but then it works. Also, if I put this URL in my browser, it calls up the Evernote record just fine. It also works well in a Xmind note. Go figure...)

Is there any way this could be made to work in Freeplane notes, please?

(Am using Freeplane 1.3.11 with Windows 8.1)

Thanks!!!!!!

• sensor66

sensor66 - 2014-11-28

Beste Henk,
        When I do this:
        Select node, select some text in the note, then Edit > Modify hyperlink > Paste my URL > Click OK
        I get a link in the node. But I want a link under the text in the note of the node.
        Am I missing something?
        Thanks!

• jokro

jokro - 2014-10-16

For an application to open, add "file:" as the start of the url as in:
    file:/C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Google/Drive/googledrivesync.exe
    (On my compute this starts google drive)

If this does not work you may find out the axact url by
    1. copying the destination (e.g. googledrivesync.exe) and paste it on a node.
    2. open the red arrow link editor and see/copy the url
    3. paste it in the note link

Regards Jodi

• Jcrawfordx

Jcrawfordx - 2014-10-18

Thanks, Jodi

I tried both ways that you have suggested with no success.

Apparently there must be some slight difference in the coding within Freeplane for placing hyperlinks in NODES as opposed to placing the same link in NOTES. In a NODE, my link to call up Evernote to display one of its database records seems to work whereas the exact same link in a NOTE produces a "file not found" error.

Here is a typical Evernote link. Note that it is not a reference to a file but, rather, more like a command line:

evernote:///view/2280/s1/25a3fef6-4636-47c4-ace6-6df702abab16/25a3fef6-4636-47c4-ace6-6df702abab16/

Thanks again!
      ..jack..

(p.s. in case any of you Evernote fans are wondering, the "trick" to getting the local link info is the right-click on the note you want and then HOLD CONTROL KEY DOWN while selecting "copy note link" from the context menu in Evernote. This will give you the local link on your hard drive rather than the web link. This seems to be an undocumented feature.)

Last edit: Jcrawfordx 2014-10-18
  • jokro

jokro - 2014-10-18

What do uou men with it works in a node ? That is works in an arrow link ?
    Does it work in an inline hyperlink in the node core ?

• Jcrawfordx

Jcrawfordx - 2014-10-20

I just upgraded to 1.3.12 and it seems to work now for both NODES and NOTES.

I still get the "not found" error message, but the link DOES work!

Thanks!