Menu

FP 1 9 13 17: reasons about maps drastical slow down? Resizing the memory usage?

sfpcom
2022-02-26
2022-02-26
  • sfpcom

sfpcom - 2022-02-26

Hi, I have a question for the Users & Developers:

some days ago I was creating a map inputing a lot of png screenshots. And after a while the map was difficult to navigate.
    Probably because I was working wtih just 8G of RAM and keeping open Zoom + FP&Java + Outlook + Power point 365 + Excel and creating partial screenshots but the map where I was working started to be very slow (seconds to open a node or just scrolling it).
    Please note that I was even using the MD addon to reshape the documentation map and in the same moment I was screenshotting.
    To mitigate this lagging behaviour I was transforming the png in node details to just links in the node, but it was just alleviating the lagging behaviour.
    May I be able to decrease this lagging impact just increase the memory limit in FP? Or any suggestion?

Thanks
    SFPC

• Dimitry Polivaev

I handle bad performance issues as bugs.
    I need to have an mind map with all related image files.
    It does not need to be your original mind map if you don't want me to see it.
    You probably even can replace all images files by one file references from the same nodes.

If you observe bad performance on it please create a bug report, describe which operations on which nodes I can use to investigate the problem and then I can try to fix it.

It would also be interesting to know if the older versions also show poor performance, but it is not relevant for the fix.

• sfpcom

sfpcom - 2022-02-26

OK, it requires a moment of rework, I'll post it as bug asap.
    Thankyou
    SFPC

• Edo Frohlich

Edo Frohlich - 2022-02-26

I'm not at my computer right now, but I had some similar issues.

there is a preference parameter about image's cache: disk or memory. Try changing that.

Not related yo images, but I have had problems when a parent node has too many direct children. (more than 30 or more).
    Grouping them in groups of 20 under new intermediate nodes has solved the problem.

hope it helps