Menu

Intermittent Rendering Problem

2016-06-19
2016-06-27
  • Robertonisola

Robertonisola - 2016-06-19

Hi friends,

I have been experiencing this annoying rendering problem in notes. To demonstrate the problem, I will show you 2 pictures:

This is normal text displayed in notes:

But sometimes the text changed into this:

When this error happens, I cannot read the text properly. For example, the underscore character cannot be seen.

The problem occurs intermittently. And when it occurs, I need to minimize the Freeplane window, and then maximize it, and the error might go away.

I am using 1.5.9, but I noticed this problem since 1.3.x.

Have you ever gone into this problem before? Please show me a way to fix it.

Thank you.

• Robertonisola

Robertonisola - 2016-06-23

4 days, 20 views, and 0 answer. Ok, I get it, I have not described the problem clearly enough.

Therefore I added 2 more pictures to demonstrate this problem:

Here is when the text is normal:

And here is when the text is erroneous:

You can see there is a display problem with letter "g" in the 2 pictures. In the erroneous picture, the lower part of "g" is somehow trimmed.

I have no clue why this happens. What do you think?

Best regards,

Robert.

• Dimitry Polivaev

May be I find some time to look at it at the weekend.

• Dimitry Polivaev

Please add screen shots of complete freeplane window so that I can see where the problem occurs.

• Robertonisola

Robertonisola - 2016-06-24

Hi Dimitry,

Here is the complete Freeplane window:

I have rearranged some items inside the window to suit my needs. The note panel is in the right, and it is big because I add a lot of contents to it.

I also added pictures to the notes by directly editing the HTML source code (of course I use a script to automate this process).

If one looks carefully into the picture I attached, one can see that the text is displayed inconsistently.

To tackle this error, I have also tried some suggestions from this link:

http://freeplane.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Rendering_Issues

For example, I have played with different settings of "look and feel" and "anti-alias"... but the problem still remained.

My system's configuration:
    +) Windows 7 x64 SP1.
    +) Freeplane 1.5.9
    +) Java version 8 update 60
    +) Monitor: Dell UltraSharp U2312HM 23"

Please help me to solve this problem. In the process, I will provide any information you need.

I love Freeplane.

Thank you.

Robert.

• Dimitry Polivaev

Sorry, I currently have no clue why rendering suddenly stops working.

• Robertonisola

Robertonisola - 2016-06-27

Hi Dimitry,

Thank you for your time anyway.

Since no other users seeing the same error, maybe this problem is only specific to my system.

Therefore I will try to figure out the solution myself.

Best regards,

Robert.