Menu

How to change the label of one F-key of the F-bar function ?

Wiyouk
2015-08-19
2015-09-01
  • Wiyouk

Wiyouk - 2015-08-19

Hello.
    I modified the F-bar in order to insert specifics icons in a node.
    But the label on teh F-key becomes the name of the icon.
    But I chose to use the icons as a different meaning than their name (exemple : I use the pen icon to refer to projects. But the name of the icon is "to modify" and its written in the F-key label.)
    I would like to change the F-key label to "project"

If anyone can help I'd be gratefull

Regards

• Volker Börchers

Hi Patrick,

how did you modify the F-bar? I have difficulties understanding how the icon comes into play. Generally it's the name of the Java Swing action that decides about the label. As a simple solution you could create a script "project.groovy" and let it set the icon node.icons.add("button_ok")

Volker

• Wiyouk

Wiyouk - 2015-08-21

Hello Volker.
    I used one of the free F-Key (ex : ALT+F5) in order to add a specific Icon to one node. But The label written on the Fbar was the filename of the icon. I thought it was possible to change the name of the label.
    But instead, I changed the icon name. I was not very haoppy to do it because I think that in e next update of the program, maybe the icon names might be reset.

I am use freeplane for about one year but I have not yet learned to write groovy scripts.
    But I think I'll have to to it.

Thnaks for your help.

Patrick

• Volker Börchers

I am use freeplane for about one year but I have not yet learned to write groovy scripts.

It's pretty easy, the Wiki Scripting page describes what you need.

Volker

• Wiyouk

Wiyouk - 2015-09-01

Thanks Volker, I guess it would be better for me to take the time to learn.