Menu

ProjectLibre

Alexandre
2017-07-11
2019-05-31
  • Alexandre

Alexandre - 2017-07-11

Hi,

I found this application yesterday called ProjectLibre (written also in java) to manage projects, it seems it could work well together with Freeplane to manage projects with Freeplane handling the other stuff that is not project management.

http://www.projectlibre.com/

Of course if Freeplane could have these functionalities built-in it would be great.

It has also a ribbon toolbar which is well used.

Best regards,

Alexandre

• Alexandre

Alexandre - 2017-07-12

Please tell me if you find that this app would be useful or useless and why.

I couldn't effectively use it so far, it is not so much easy to organize and re-organize tasks as it would be in Freeplane.

Best regards,

Alexandre

• Alexandre

Alexandre - 2017-07-13

I noticed that it is not possible to re-order tasks... and on the project libre website they say they are re-writing the app and this will be possible... so I guess this app is almost useless now.

I would be better to integrate something to freeplane for project management, like an add-on.

• Alexandre

Alexandre - 2017-07-14

Maybe to integrate Project's libre dynamic gantt chart into freeplane would be great, I don't know how much this would be possible. The source should be available for free.

• Alexandre

Alexandre - 2017-07-14

I will try to do a script that syncs tasks in Freeplane with a ProjectLibre xml. So changing manually the gantt chart in ProjectLibre will set the times and duration of the tasks in freeplane once synchronized back and creating and ordering the tasks in freeplane will create then in project libre.

• Alexandre

Alexandre - 2017-07-14

I will use TodoList instead to import/export freeplane tasks to get a gantt chart and other stuff. TodoList can also export to gantt project (to have better printing of the gantt chart).

• nnako

nnako - 2019-05-31

Hi @Alexandre,

which version of ToDoList can export directly to GanttProject file format ".gan"? I could not find this option while checking v7.1.1.6 of the ToDoList application. As far as I see it, ToDoList as well as GanttProject uses XML as their file format. But as they don't have the same semantic definition, they don't seem to understand each other.

... TodoList can also export to gantt project (to have better printing of the gantt chart).

Last edit: nnako 2019-05-31