Menu

adding new node does not select it

Kamil
2022-03-01
2022-03-04
  • Kamil

Kamil - 2022-03-01

Hello,
    I've been using Freeplane 1.7.9, and now I tried to upgrade to the current 1.9.12. I was used from the older version, that creating a new sibling or child node also select it automatically. But it does not seem to work in the current version - after creating a new node, I have to select it manually (keyboard/mouse) to edit.
    This change is very annoying for me - I use the Freeplane every day, write notes to it, and now I have to press two keys to add and edit any new node. It also seems illogical to me - when I add a new node, I what to add some content to this node.
    Is it possible to change this feature in the settings? I was not able to find any such possibility.
    Thank you very much for your help and the whole Freeplane project!
    Kamil

• Dimitry Polivaev

Really? All new nodes are selected after I create them.
    How do you create a new node?
    What happens if you start typing after it is created?
    Could you submit a bug report with screen shots showing what does not work for you?
    Please do not reply here because I prefer not to handle bug reports in the forum.
    Regards, Dimitry

• Kamil

Kamil - 2022-03-03

Thank you, I've added it as a new Ticket #3132 with a video, error log and screenshot of about.
    Regards, Kamil

• Kamil

Kamil - 2022-03-04

At last I found the reason. It seem to be caused by an old release of Bookmarks-add-on (0.5.x). After its update to the current version 0.7.2 it seem work well - the new node is automatically selected.
    https://github.com/lilive/Freeplane-Bookmarks-add-on