Permission to recommend this program

2009-01-01
2013-04-11
  • Deborah Healey

Deborah Healey - 2009-01-01

I'm compiling a list of recommended titles for English language teachers and a CD-ROM of freeware and shareware for use in English language learning labs/resource centers. This list and CD-ROM will be distributed by the US Department of State to English teachers around the world. The CD will be free or at cost. I'd like to include FreeMind. I need to get permission from the publisher to recommend the software, which is an ill-defined thing with this type of program. (Including a copy of the software is less of an issue- the open source license helps there.) I'm hoping that one of the developers can respond with something that will let me add FreeMind to my recommendation list.

Here is the brief blurb I have about the program:
    Mind-mapping software that runs under Java. Mac and Windows versions available. Extensive help is online at the website, along with examples of mind maps. Download Mac and Windows versions from http://freemind.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

Yours (and Happy New Year!),
    Deborah

• Ryan Wesley

Ryan Wesley - 2009-01-01

Hi Deborah,

As a member of the FreeMind team, I can tell you that you are free to use and distribute FreeMind under the terms of the GNU GPL, Version 2 or later. And you can recommend the software as you wish.

Hope this helps,
      Happy New Year :-)

Ryan

• Christian Foltin

Hi Deborah,

as the current director, I follow Ryans statements.

HNY, Chris

• Deborah Healey

Deborah Healey - 2009-01-13

Thanks!
      Yours,
      Deborah

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks