Autosave handling and recovery

dwiz
2010-02-01
2013-04-11
  • dwiz
    dwiz
    2010-02-01

My topmost Freemind problem is autosave handling and recovery.  I leave my computer ON all the time.  I leave Freemind open all the time so my frequent maps are easy to reach.  However, some mornings I come back to my computer and it has rebooted because of an automatic Windows Update.  Then I open Freemind back again, but I never know which version of my maps to re-open:  ManuallySaved (in my folder) or AutoSaved (in .freemind folder).

Sometimes the AutoSaved is newer, but sometimes the ManuallySaved is newer.  So it is a pain to find which file to open everytime the computer restarts.

Solutions:
    - I would like an option like:  Autosave overwrites original file.  (so I could always open the maps in my folder)
    - And maybe automatically re-open all previously opened maps (restore previous state)

I don't want to press Save, I want my maps always saved, up to date and ready to be used.

It is maybe silly, but I use less FreeMind because of this issue.

Thanks,

• You are requesting a true autosave feature, to complement or replace the current automatic backup feature as found in FreeMind 0.8.1 and 0.9.0 RC series. I sympathize with your request.

You can support your feature request by posting "I want this feature too" into the already created feature request in the tracker:

Having a true autosave, 2009-10-30
    http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2889395&group_id=7118&atid=357118

There will be no automatic autosave in FreeMind 0.9.0, as it is in feature freeze. I know of no patch implementing the feature that would have been sent to FreeMind patch tracker.

-Dan