Note Display on Hover is IMPOSSABLE

Haystack
2011-10-26
2013-04-11
  • Haystack

Haystack - 2011-10-26

Preface -let it be known I like the notes feature very much, however…

The notes display on hover behavior is IMPOSSIBLE to cope with.  When my first map became heavily crowded with notes tucked in everywhere, it was as if every mouse gesture was like navigating a field full of landmines.  Eventually the constant distraction of trying to keep from triggering the hover bombs was really annoying.  Until display on hover can be turned or toggled off, the notes hover feature is almost unusable in its current form. Any notes created by the user become a detriment to navigation.

• LogicDaemon

LogicDaemon - 2011-10-27

Currently I'm using workaround against this behavior, but it works only if notes are on leaves of your MindMap tree.
    Workaround is simple: write notes to nodes next to the one they belong with empty node text, and fold them. Whenever you'll need to read a note, unfold the subnode, and you've got it :)

• Christian Foltin

Hi,

I've added an option to avoid the tooltips. It is in git now. Please wait for the next alpha version, there it is contained (1.0.0 alpha7).

HTH, Chris

• Anonymous - 2012-03-08

Freemind 0.9.0 on Fedora 15 here. I am a new user. I am a little annoyed by the time-out of the tool-tips (I made a post on the help forum). I use long notes, and I never have time to read them-unless to continously move the move over the node, that is distracting. The tool tips time-out too quickly and I don't find a setting to increase their duration. Moreover on my system, the font is very thinny.

I think the better setting for a tooltip is "close on click" and not time-out set.

Could you include in the preference, next to "avoid tooltips", a tool-tip font size and "close on click" or time-out in sec.

• Anonymous - 2012-03-08

Edit: the best of the world would be to click on the note icon (in the node) to show the tooltip, and to click on the note to close the tooltip. What do you think?

• LogicDaemon

LogicDaemon - 2012-03-08

nomnex, I agree, that would be great!

• Julio

Julio - 2012-04-11

Very much second that. Furthermore, Freeplane has a scrollbar for notes that is terribly handy….

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks