Slow after idle time

ablivio
2011-10-20
2013-04-11
  • ablivio

ablivio - 2011-10-20

Hello,

FreeMind consistently gets slow to "wake up" when it has been left idle with one (or several) quite complex mindmaps open.

It's pure speculation, but I suspect this really annoying behavior to be related to memory management, something like a large collection of objects being swapped out after a while, hence a long time to recover them when one wants to "wake FreeMind up" again.

If it's true, maybe could a periodic access to these objects ensure that they are not swapped out, and help in getting rid of this problem?

My 2 cents,

• Denis.

• LogicDaemon

LogicDaemon - 2011-10-22

I've seen this behaviour, but if that is what you suspect, I am not sure CPU cycles should be wasted this way.

• Note that I'm a user, not developer of FreeMind

• Darnell McWayford

I've experienced this as well. 
    Anybody know of any way that Freemind could "stay fast" without too much downside?

• ablivio

ablivio - 2012-05-04

Up. :)

Regarding the waste of CPU cycles, sure it's not the most elegant way (as far as it is a way - which was not demonstrated), yet it's pragmatic (if it works) and I strongly prefer wasting CPU cycles than my time. ;-)

More seriously, does anyone have a clue of the reasons for this behaviour?

I am ready to perform tests or use analysis tools on my own configuration if it can help. Any developer interested?

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks