Freemind suddenly became very slow, 4~5 minutes to load the file. and even can not save file. or no response.
I tried to install different version of freemind, or java vm. does not help.
when check the log, there is a memory overflow exception. then check the file size, shock by the size of the file: 2M bytes. in fact it is only a small file. open with a text editor, find there are more than 20K lines of "<!-@@noprnt->". remove it manually, then everything is O.K.
seems there is some bug in the xml parsing or checking process.
Some diagnostic questions:
How did you create your FreeMind file?
Did you paste rich text from web or from Word documents to your FreeMind mind map?
FreeMind alone should not write anything like "<!-@@noprnt->". FreeMind also should not replicate "<!-@@noprnt->" after such a thing is pasted into FreeMind, but it is not wholly impossible that FreeMind actually does replicate some comments in rich text nodes, as we had a similar report before. Unfortuntely, it is unclear how to investigate the problem. -Dan
this is long ago mentioned bug, but without actual bugreport.
If you can reproduce it, please fill the bug report, or just give me comment-bloated file (I didn't save mine) so I can make the report with the proof myself (I will hard try to reproduce).
"long ago mentioned bug" correct link: https://sourceforge.net/projects/freemind/forums/forum/320014/topic/3512741
The one in prev. post link to 1 message from thread.
thank for the reply.
I have been using Freemind for years, doing a lot of notes, minutes, my first tool. so it is not very clear when I did some of such paste from rich text content, could be from word document or html web page. this happened to 2 of my .mm files at least.
I will try to find out where it was introduced and give a reproducible case.
Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:
You seem to have CSS turned off.
Please don't fill out this field.