critical issue in xml processing

2010-12-10
2013-04-11
  • Chen Zhiyuan

Chen Zhiyuan - 2010-12-10

Freemind suddenly became very slow, 4~5 minutes to load the file. and even can not save file. or no response.
    I tried to install different version of freemind, or java vm. does not help.

when check the log, there is a memory overflow exception. then check the file size, shock by the size of the file: 2M bytes. in fact it is only a small file. open with a text editor, find there are more than 20K lines of "<!-@@noprnt->". remove it manually, then everything is O.K.

seems there is some bug in the xml parsing or checking process.

please check.

• Daniel Polansky

Daniel Polansky - 2010-12-10

Some diagnostic questions:

How did you create your FreeMind file?

Did you paste rich text from web or from Word documents to your FreeMind mind map?

FreeMind alone should not write anything like "<!-@@noprnt->". FreeMind also should not replicate "<!-@@noprnt->" after such a thing is pasted into FreeMind, but it is not wholly impossible that FreeMind actually does replicate some comments in rich text nodes, as we had a similar report before. Unfortuntely, it is unclear how to investigate the problem. -Dan

• LogicDaemon

LogicDaemon - 2010-12-10

this is long ago mentioned bug, but without actual bugreport.
    If you can reproduce it, please fill the bug report, or just give me comment-bloated file (I didn't save mine) so I can make the report with the proof myself (I will hard try to reproduce).

• Chen Zhiyuan

Chen Zhiyuan - 2010-12-13

thank for the reply.

I have been using Freemind for years, doing a lot of notes, minutes, my first tool. so it is not very clear when I did some of such paste from rich text content, could be from word document or html web page. this happened to 2 of my .mm files at least.

I will try to find out where it was introduced and give a reproducible case.

thanks.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks