Edit Long node -- extra HTML added after text

Help
2012-08-07
2013-04-11
  • Fred Dearman

Fred Dearman - 2012-08-07

When I am editing in Edit Long node and look at my HTML view, There is a ton of added text after the </html> tag.  The text is an HTML comment, eg <!- Mask to cover the whole screen ->, and is repeated for perhaps 100's of times.  If I delete the code, then hit OK to exit edit, the code just gets re written.  Ultimately it makes the boxes much wider and seems to spread anytime I create or modify a node. 
    Any body got any clues about this or experienced this before.   This is version 0.9.0. 

• Fred Dearman

Fred Dearman - 2012-08-07

When I exported the file, it wasn't actually 100's, but more like ~60.  It seems to occur in a <richcontent> HTML tag. 
    I found a workaround!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!     Delete the extra commented code and add a </richcontent>  tag, and the problem gets fixed for that node.    This had stumped me for quite awhile.   It seems to occur when use the remove formatting button, but I am not positive about that.

• Fred Dearman

Fred Dearman - 2012-08-08

Okay, I tried it again, and it didn't work?  Still getting the HTML commented lines back.   I don't see the </richcontent> tag on the export anymore.  So maybe that's progress.  I give up again.

• Dimitry Polivaev

The issue was fixed in SimplyHTML with tag shtml_0_14_01 . I do not know if it is used in the latest FreeMind beta

• Fred Dearman

Fred Dearman - 2012-08-08

I tried uninstalling and re-installing again.  The problem went away again.  The mind map I was working on had the code disappear.    Any more explanation on SimplyHTML with tag shtml_0_14_01.  Is that something I can add?  Or do I just wait for the latest FreeMind beta.  Also, would you recommend using the beta now?
    Thanks

• Dimitry Polivaev

Ask Chris, I do not know if he included the fixes in the beta version. Dimitry

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks