Executables and parameters

Help
2005-03-18
2013-04-11
  • Nobody/Anonymous

Hi all:

I have just started looking at FreeMind (windows varsion). Impressive.

I want run an executable and pass it a parameter. I have used SetLink (filechooser) to create the node. Bu tI want to add a run parameter. I edited the entry and added the param.
    Clicking on the node correctly starts the application but it doesn't pass the parameter.

I have used the name and parameter in a command prompt and it works.  I am doing "skype /callto:echo123"

Is there anything I should do to pass this info?

TIA,
    Andy

• Tim Anderson

Tim Anderson - 2005-03-18

Not sure, but you could write a one line batch that contains the full command+params and then run that batch from freemind instead.  Not a nice solution, I know.

• Nobody/Anonymous

Yes I thought of that as well. It does get a little out of hand after a few numbers. I had hoped that it may be because of the "/" needing to be escaped. But adding multiple "//"s didn't help. It definately looks like parameters aren't being processed.

If thats the case, will this ability be added in the future? It seems like a natural addition to this excellent idea.

• pascal

pascal - 2011-06-09

I have the same problem with version 0.9.0 - I don't know how to pass a parameter to a command indicated with ctrl-k in a node ! (I'd prefer not use /bat files  because too many files to create which doubles the work to do)

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks