Export or sync preferences - which files?

Help
MrT49
2008-04-16
2013-11-14
  • MrT49

MrT49 - 2008-04-16

I want to synchronise my laptop version with the desktop, and was hoping someone could tell me which files are needed to be synchronised - that is, which files contain the preferences and settings, particularly all the styles, defaults and keystrokes.

Also, is there a file that points to all the required files above that can be edited so that I can just include the minimum number of files when I sync the computers.

If what I've described won't work - is freemind a standalone app?  Could I just sync all the program files I wonder?

Any help appreciated.

• MrT49

MrT49 - 2008-04-16

I found the patterns.xml file - which seems to mostly do the trick.  I saved it to my NAS and changed the file path in preferences.  Now I can do the same on my desktop version and the patterns will all be the same.  Good stuff.

This is a really worthwhile program - many thanks to all who developed it.

• Weller

Weller - 2013-11-14

I was looking for such a solution while getting to this topic.
    In FreeMind Version 1.0.0, there are two files for the preferences as I found till now:

patterns.xml -- As mentioned by MrT49. Contains appearance (colors&styles) preferences.
    auto.properties -- This contains the key-bindings that we changed manually. It can be found in (Windows 7 path): C:\Users\$ID.freemind\

Hope this helps!

And yes, this is really a excellent application!

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks