Freemind.main.freemind can't start - Fedora 19

Help
Sid Hymes
2014-06-09
2014-06-11
  • Sid Hymes

Sid Hymes - 2014-06-09

Hi all,

I see that this question has been posted but not for Fedora specifically. The program worked fine previously. I've reinstalled it with the same results. From the logfile:

STDERR: ERROR: 'The first argument to the non-static Java function 'replaceSpacesToNonbreakableSpaces' is not a valid object reference.'
    STDERR: FATAL ERROR: 'The first argument to the non-static Java function 'replaceSpacesToNonbreakableSpaces' is not a valid object reference.'Jun 09, 2014 5:20:20 PM freemind.main.Resources logException
    SEVERE: An exception occured:
    javax.xml.transform.TransformerConfigurationException: The first argument to the non-static Java function 'replaceSpacesToNonbreakableSpaces' is not a valid object reference.
    at com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.xsltc.trax.TransformerFactoryImpl.newTemplates(TransformerFactoryImpl.java:966)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.xsltc.trax.TransformerFactoryImpl.newTransformer(TransformerFactoryImpl.java:739)
    at freemind.main.Tools$1TransformerRunnable.run(Tools.java:1067)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744)

Jun 09, 2014 5:20:20 PM freemind.main.Tools getUpdateReader
    INFO: Updating the reader freemind.common.UnicodeReader@692aa096 to the current version. Done.

STDERR: Error while parsing file:freemind.main.XMLParseException: XML Parse Exception during parsing of a map element at line 1: Expected: =Jun 09, 2014 5:20:20 PM freemind.main.Resources logException
    SEVERE: An exception occured:
    freemind.main.XMLParseException: XML Parse Exception during parsing of a map element at line 1: Expected: =

There's more info available but this looked like a good starting point. Can anybody help me identify and fix the problem? (And I know nothing about Java programming!)

Thanks much.

Sid

• Sid Hymes

Sid Hymes - 2014-06-11

This issue was resolved by the update installed today.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks