Help
sjc
2009-08-23
2013-04-11
  • sjc
    sjc
    2009-08-23

Hello everyone,

I might well be missing something here; the Freemind documentation cites that the short-cut for opening the notes window is Ctrl + Shift + Less and I'm at a total loss working out which key is Less. I've tried minus / hyphen (-), less than (<) and the down cursor all without success.

Could somebody point me in the right direction, please?

Any / all help very gratefully received.

• sjc
      sjc
      2009-08-23

Gah - okay, all short-cuts are definable from Tools | Preferences. Admin, please feel free to delete this thread.

Cheers! =)

• tctony
    tctony
    2009-11-30

Yeah,I also want to know that!
    It makes me feel terrible!

• bradco
    bradco
    2012-12-05

What?  I don't think that it's clear what the document maker means nor what you are referring to (above).  The question what is CTRL + LESS? remains unanswered and unclear.  Is CTRL + LESS Italian for "assign your own key stroke" ?  Let's get this answered in everyday language for the everyday user.  Not everyone using Freemind is a techy.  What is CTRL + LESS please.  Thank you in advance

• bradco
    bradco
    2013-01-26

However I define a shortcut, it remains non-working.  I found this in the limitations documentation… unbelievable but apparently still true:

"Keyboard shortcuts: The keyboard shortcut for "View Note Window" does not work on an English keyboard; it works on a German one."

• Claus Høite
    Claus Høite
    2013-03-04

I found something that worked for me:
    Bind to the TAB-key to "Note edit switch".

This works and feels as a logical way to do access the notes for the current node!