Function key to change node background color?

Help
2011-01-28
2013-04-11
  • Jack Miller

Jack Miller - 2011-01-28

I'm guessing this really isn't that hard but for the life of me I can't find a way to get a function key to change the pattern of a node such that the background color of the node changes.  For example, from what I've read, I should be able to modify patterns.xml like this so that the Default pattern (F1) gives me a purple (CC00FF) background for the node:

<pattern name="Default">
        <pattern_node_background_color value="#CC00FF"/>
        <pattern_node_color value="#338800"/>
        <pattern_node_style/>
        <pattern_icon value="flag"/>
        <pattern_edge_color value="#009999"/>
        <pattern_edge_style/>
        <pattern_edge_width value="4"/>
       </pattern>

Are the pattern* tags actually recognized in this way?  I'm using this right off of the help link that talks about doing this here: http://freemind.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Asked_Questions#Example.28s.29

However, it doesn't change anything, nothing happens..  However, if I change the base, vanilla definition for Default and use purple for the color it does change the text to purple:

<pattern name="Default">
          <node color="#CC00FF"/>
       </pattern>

Any help would be much appreciated.  Do I have to do something special to get the additional pattern tags to be recognized?

thanks!

• Jack Miller

Jack Miller - 2011-01-28

Nevermind, I download the 0.9 beta version and it has a pattern editor built in that worked and did exactly what I wanted it to do.  Problem solved.