2011-05-28
2013-04-11
  • Dean

Dean - 2011-05-28

Java version 1.6.0_24-b07
    Freemind version 0.9.0
    Issue: recieve error when toggling encryption mode

to recreate the issue:
    create a new encrypted Map with a 13 digit password (first letter capitalized, end with a number)
    drag an unencrypted node with children/siblings to the map
    rename the map
    save the map
    close and restart FreeMind

upon selecting the 'Toggle Crypted / Engrypted' method, I recieve a 'The password is not correct.' error.

I updated java to 1.6.0_25-b06 as a last resort before submitting this, but still no resolve

• Daniel Polansky

Daniel Polansky - 2011-05-28

I cannot reproduce this problem on Windows Vista, FreeMind 0.9.0, Java 1.6.0_24. Let me ask some diagnostic questions.

You have described five steps to reproduce the problem. I wonder which details of these steps are necessary for the reproduction of the problem.

Q1: Can you reproduce the problem anew any time you choose, by repeatedly creating new encrypted mind maps? (This is the most important question of all.)

Q2: Is the length of the password critical? In detail: Can you reproduce the problem with 5-digit password?

Q3: Is dragging and dropping critical? In detail: If you do the same without dragging and dropping in step 3, and insert new nodes by typing instead, can you still reproduce the problem?

Q4: Is renaming the mind map critical? In detail: If you do not rename the mind map, can you still reproduce the problem?

Q5: How do you rename the mind map? Do you do it by changing the text of the root node while having the mind map opened, or, rather, do you first close FreeMind, then rename the mind map file, and then open the mind map again?

Q6: What is your operating system?

Q7: What do you get when you type "java -version" into your terminal or MS DOS console?

-Dan

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks