Can't move nodes independantly

Help
2012-06-14
2013-04-11
  • Michael Davis

Michael Davis - 2012-06-14

I'm new to Freemind. I'm using 1.0.0. Beta 5 on Windows 7 and Java 1.6.0_25. I was able to create a map with a few nodes and subnodes. But starting at about the 10th new node, when I click the root and hit Insert, it creates the new node far, far below the other ones. If I try to move it up closer to the root, some (not all) of the existing nodes move up. So now I've got a map that has a root, a few children close to it, one child far far below and a few far far above the root. If I move the low one higher, it moves the high ones higher, and vice-versa. I can't move them independently.

Is this a beta bug?

Michael Davis
    Ottawa

• Michael Davis

Michael Davis - 2012-06-15

Here's a screen shot to show what I'm talking about. Here is my map, zoomed out. I can't move the lowest ones up without moving the highest ones higher.

• Michael Davis

Michael Davis - 2012-06-16

Or to be more clear, when I move the bottom one, the highest ones move along with it, in parallel.

For most nodes, when I move the node another node moves as well. I can't figure out how to stop that behaviour.

• Christian Foltin

Hi,

mark all nodes and use Format->Reset Positions to go back.

HTH, Chris

• Michael Davis

Michael Davis - 2012-06-21

Thanks, that fixed it!

• Ashley Price

Ashley Price - 2012-07-14

Shows how it's good to check the problems of other people - I had exactly the same problem which was answered here!

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks