What is the status of exporting PDFs with hyperlinks?

Help
DaveG11
2013-11-05
2013-11-06
  • DaveG11

DaveG11 - 2013-11-05

There are several feature and/or help requests for including hyperlinks in the PDF export, but I cannot find one with an answer... just the question. Is there any way to add the ability to send hyperlinks in the mind map to PDF exports?

• Christian Foltin

Hi,

by design, there is currently no way to get a linked PDF with FreeMind internal methods.
    HTH, Chris

• DaveG11

DaveG11 - 2013-11-05

Thanks for the quick reply. FreeMind is absolutely great.

However, I've yet to find a way to share a mind map w/hyperlinks with a major corporate client. They don't allow Java applets. The Flash export links don't work. The corporation doesn't want to d/l and use FreeMind, which is their loss, but that's where it is. Everything has to go through a shared document repository (DropBox in this case), and I have not yet found a way to export in any X/HTML format that can be placed on the repository and accessed by others.

Ah, well. Right now, I'm using FreeMind to visually think, then re-creating the whole thing in Word (the links don't work in the OpenOffice doc when translated by Word)... Computing, 1988 style...

Last edit: DaveG11 2013-11-05
  • Christian Foltin

Hi,

flash export only works, when put onto a web server. Or what do you mean with "don't work"?
    What about the numerous html exports (with embedded image for example)?
    HTH, Chris

• DaveG11

DaveG11 - 2013-11-06

Thanks, Chris -
    They don't work when run locally (by loading the HTML page into the viewer's browser).

The HTML exports... I'm obviously doing something wrong, since other people accessing the HTML file don't automatically get the accompanying HTML image folder and every link and icon shows up with a broken link image (on Chrome, anyway).

• Christian Foltin

Hi,
      the HTML export consists of several files. You have to put the subfolder with the images and maps to the web server ,too.

HTH, Chris

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks