Menu

FreeMind Version 1.0.0 Beta8

2012-09-28
2018-05-14
1 2 > >> (Page 1 of 2)
  • Christian Foltin

Dear FreeMind users,

with a complete new collaboration module, I've published 1.0.0 beta 8 under 

https://sourceforge.net/projects/freemind/files/freemind-unstable/1.0.0_Beta8/

The list of changes:

===============================
    Changes made in FreeMind 1.0.0 Beta8
    ===============================
    * New collaboration plugin based on plain sockets written.
      * Features:
        * Locking support (it is not possible to change at two sites at the same time).
        * Notifications about changes are sent to the master and then distributed to clients.
        * Minimal security added: a password must be known to connect. But, each message (even the password) is sent open.
        * Compression: each message over the network is compressed.
        * The connection parameters to the master are displayed in the title bar of each member. Thus, it is easy to invite others.
        * The members are displayed in the title of each member as well (update interval: 5 seconds).
    * Search result table on geographical maps: control+enter places the selected line in the map.

Enjoy, Chris

• Azeiku

Azeiku - 2012-10-03

Chris,

Thank you for updating this great software package.  Quick question.  Has there been any work on the clone feature?  I have been having problems when I delete one of the child nodes on a clone.  It crashes freemind.  I have to force it closed and then restart.  The only work around is to select all copies of the node you want to delete and then delete it.

Thanks!
    jason

• Azeiku

Azeiku - 2012-10-03

Chris,

Beta8 seems more stable with the clone feature.  So, I haven't had the same issue like I did on Beta5!  Wahoo!!  

Thanks again!

• jerwilkins

jerwilkins - 2012-10-04

Fabulous Chris! Do you all know when the source tarball will be available (if it's not, somewhere, already) to compile on Linux?

Thanks!

• Christian Foltin

Hi,

sorry, the tsr.gz is available now.

Br, Chris

• Harris Tiddens

Harris Tiddens - 2012-10-08

Chris,
    thanks for the great update. I am using it on Mac OS X 10.6.8 , it's working like a charm. I just advised it to my sons
    I am happy to provide Dutch translation for the menu, but would not know how. I am new on source forge.
    Harris

• Christian Foltin

Hi Harris,

please have a look at the translation page. But, normally, I call the translators to begin translations with the first release candidate, because currently, there are still some changes.

Br, Chris

• Azeiku

Azeiku - 2012-10-09

jerwilkins,

I'm starting to use Linux a bit more.  Being a bit new to this, I'm sure it's a dumb question but, do I need to recompile it for my version of the distro (Ubuntu 12.04)?  Or if you compile it, will it work for all distro's?   (I'm dual booting win7 and wubi on my system). 

Also, Chris, I found that the clone feature is still unstable.  I've crashed multiple times trying to delete a node inside a cloned tree without selecting both versions of the node.  Not major, just a nuisance. 

Thanks,
    jason

• Harris Tiddens

Harris Tiddens - 2012-10-14

Chris,
    I bumped into a difference with the 8.x version. I use a Mac (MAC OS X 10.6.8)  and was able there to use Chinese character sets by switching the input method also I was able to use them mixed in one text field. Somehow this does not work any more, or did I forgot to switch something?
    Thanks
    Harris

• Christian Foltin

Hi,

you didn't forget anything with the chinese input. Can you find out, in which version this has changed?  I can't enter chinese at all. Then, there is a chance, to find out, why.

TIA, Chris

• Harris Tiddens

Harris Tiddens - 2012-10-16

Hi Chris, I just checked with the 0.8 Version. I can't input Chinese there as well, I did it there obviously only by copy and paste. When I write here and I change the input method on my mac我可以继续写中文which means so much as "I can continue to write Chinese". That is, I use the normal keyboard, to write a transcription language (pinyin) and a small pop up suggests what corresponding Chinese Characters I could take. It does so in the order of the most frequent used combinations by the respective writer (learning system). When I write with my 'pinyin input method' switched on. FreeMind only produces the direct input of the keyboard, which is then "zhongwen" instead of 中文. I can not check for a pc, but I would not be surprised if the same problem shows up there. By copy and paste I can insert the characters, no problem.
    The method I use, is used through large parts of China and is not 'exotic'. OpenOffice cq LibreOffice works fine with it. If you look under "settings / Languages / Language" you will see that you can define the type of Chinese characters you want to use parallel to the 'latin' character set.
    I hope this is of some help
    Best Regards
    Harris

• Cooper LUI

Cooper LUI - 2018-05-14

Hi Chris,

I appreciate your team very much for your works.

I encounter the same problem as Harris Tiddens, the screenshot as below. I am a user and fan of FreeMind 1.0.1 on PC:

If FreeMind works properly, it should be displayed as below:

I have tried to use different popular IMEs (Input Method Editor) such as Google Pinyin and Sogou Pinyin, but they are not compatible with FreeMind. I tried more than 20 softwares, but FreeMind is my favorite.

Hopefully you will solve this problem as IME is essential to input Chinese, Japanese, Korean. People can't input these languages without it. Thanks.
      :-)

Normally IME works as below :

Last edit: Cooper LUI 2018-05-14
  • Christian Foltin

Hi Harris,

could you please try out jEdit with the chines input method. This application is java, too.
    TIA, Chris

• Christian Foltin

Hi jason,

FreeMind needs not to be compiled as it is a Java application.
    Can you provide a log file for node deletion of clones. This would be helpful, although I know, that there is still a problem with the deletion of nodes.
    TIA, Chris

• Harris Tiddens

Hi Chris,
    that seems to be the kernel problem. I loaded the version: jEdit 5.0pre1 and it shows exact the same flaw.
    Regards
    Harris

• Harris Tiddens

I looked into a discussion, that seems to be around something like this bug. What seems to be important is the command that I use to change the input method. on my mac that is "Alt Cmd Space". With this command I switch between the input methods
    I hope this is of some help
    regards
    Harris

• Harris Tiddens

Here is the discussion that I referred to, which I do not understand too much
    http://community.jedit.org/?q=archive/2012/07/13
    Harris

• Azeiku

Azeiku - 2012-10-16

Chris,

Sure I sent you a message with a snippet from my log.  Hopefully that helps.

Best Regards!
    jason

• Pol Mag Uidhir

Pol Mag Uidhir - 2012-10-24

Chris
    Clone feature is great but stops working after a few clones. Now I am in an intermittent state - some nodes will clone and others will not. Have tried all sorts of variations - see log in case it helps.
    Log is here https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fw2m6p5ic9ddn35/3C0vLwkg1Q
    Thanks a lot
    Pol

• Christian Foltin

Hi Pol,

at the clone feature, there are still some bugs pending, and I'm working on that.

HTH, Chris

• Bob Sabiston

Bob Sabiston - 2012-10-30

Hi,  I have an iOS app "Headspace" which uses the Freemind .mm file format so that people can use Freemind to edit the files on the desktop.  Someone wrote me to say that the new 1.0.0 beta does not work with the old files.  Can you tell me what has changed or where I might read about the changes to the file format?
    Thanks
    Bob

• Bob Sabiston

Bob Sabiston - 2012-10-31

No one knows?  Leaving my app out of it, if you try to open a Freemind 0.9.0 file in the 1.0.0 beta, you get the message "The mind map you are trying to open was created with an older version of Freemind…"

It offers to convert to the new version.  Is Freemind .mm still an open file format?  Where is the new version described, and does anyone know what has changed about it?

Thanks
    Bob

• Christian Foltin

Hi,
    about the file format: in version 1.0.0 there have been some new features added (clones, geo maps) and thus, maps created with 1.0.0 are not likely to be backward compatible to 0.9.0.
    Do you have an error message?
    HTH, Chris

1 2 > >> (Page 1 of 2)