new version of Freemind flash Browser

JuanPedro
2006-01-19
2013-06-24
<< < 1 .. 5 6 7 (Page 7 of 7)
  • Lee Davis

Lee Davis - 2009-03-06

Hello

I have the latest RC1 version. When I export a map to Flash, all seems to work OK, except any nodes with hyperlinks to web sites. I click on the small red arrow and nothinf happens. Links to local files seem to work ok.

I have tried in several browsers.

Any help appreciated

Thanks

Lee

• jzelno

jzelno - 2009-03-06

Lee, 
      Earlier in this thread, I posted a fix for a similar problem, but with 150 messages, it can be hard to find.  Here it is again...

Your Flash Player security settings may be restricting internet access, if the Freemind page was loaded from a local source (e.g. your hard drive). Here's how you can fix that...

1) Right Click on your browser map, and select "Settings..."
      2) On the Privacy Settings Tab (looks like a monitor with an eyeball in it), click the "Advanced..:" button
      3) Under the Table of Contents on the left, select "Global Security Settings Panel"
      4) In the "Adobe Flash Player Settings Manager window that opens on the right, pulldown "Edit locations..." and select "Add location..."
      5) In the "Trust this location:" box, enter the folder that your freemind browser HTML file is in and press the Confirm button
      6) Close both the Adobe Flash Player browser window and the browser window for your mindmap, and reopen your browser mindmap. Links should now work. If not then try rebooting as this worked for me.

Good Luck!

• Lee Davis

Lee Davis - 2009-03-06

Super, thanks. That worked.

Lee

• Cullen Burton

Cullen Burton - 2009-04-08

Hello

I have what I hope is a simple question regarding the freemind flash viewer.  I am trying to use a freemind map for our corporate sitemap.  The sitemap is being rendered inside our portal and I'd like to execute some javascript when a link is clicked rather then just using the default behavior of opening up a new window.  Is there any support for this functionality in the current flash browser (visorFreemind.swf)?

• Joscha Feth

Joscha Feth - 2009-04-13

Hi,

is there a way the current version of the freemind browser can load new mindmap files triggered with an external click?
    E.g. When some JavaScript is executed, I want to replace the mindmap currently displayed with a different one.
    I saw that there is functionality to load mindmaps on the fly when they are directly linked within a loaded mindmap, but there does not seem to be an externally available method.

regards,
    Joscha

• Cullen Burton

Cullen Burton - 2009-04-13

Hello

I have what I hope is a simple question regarding the freemind flash viewer.  I am trying to use a freemind map for our corporate sitemap.  The sitemap is being rendered inside our portal and I'd like to execute some javascript when a link is clicked rather then just using the default behavior of opening up a new window.  Is there any support for this functionality in the current flash browser (visorFreemind.swf)?

• Cullen Burton

Joscha:

If you put your mindmap inside an iframe you could change the src location of the iframe to a new mindmap.

• Joscha Feth

Joscha Feth - 2009-04-13

@Cullen: yes, thats also something I figured, but the drawback is the overhead of also reloading the flash (what can swamp the memory after a while on some systems with some browsers *sigh* - so as the functionalitiy to reload a mindmap without actually reloading the swf is already there on linked mm files, I thought there might be a better way to do this - is the Freemind browser currently actively developed? Is the version in the CVS the latest one?!

• Cullen Burton

Joscha:

If you put your mindmap inside an iframe you could change the src location of the iframe to a new mindmap.

• Fernando Magro

Fernando Magro - 2009-05-25

Hi,

Are there any thoughts in allowing the flash browser to edit mindmaps?

I'm looking forward to seeing that.

Best regards

• Larry Shick

Larry Shick - 2009-06-05

It appears that the current version of the Flash browser does not support the "go to" menus of the Freemind applet for graphical/internal links (right-click on a graphical link and see a menu to "go Here" or "go There" where "Here" and "There" are the nodes at either end of the link). That can be really handy when the target node is a long way away and buried under multiple levels.

• Giovanni

Giovanni - 2013-06-19

Hi JP, Would it be possible to make a HTML5-FreeMind browser?
    http://www.mindmeister.com/ has it.

• Josef Meier

Josef Meier - 2009-10-18

Hi,

version 1.0b of the freemind flash viewer is unable to process hypertext links with unicode characters. E.g. the german word &quot;fürzchen&quot; is not processed properly. In Internet Explorer it shows strange characters in the location field, in firefox it works.

I added this code to the source file Node.as (found  - page is in german):

// public method for url encoding
           public function encodeUTF8(string:String):String
           {
             var utftext = &quot;&quot;;

for (var n = 0; n &lt; string.length; n++) {

var c = string.charCodeAt(n);

if (c &lt; 128) {
                            utftext += String.fromCharCode(C);
                        }
                        else if((c &gt; 127) &amp;&amp; (c &lt; 2048)) {
                            utftext += String.fromCharCode((c &gt;&gt; 6) | 192);
                            utftext += String.fromCharCode((c &amp; 63) | 128);
                        }
                        else {
                            utftext += String.fromCharCode((c &gt;&gt; 12) | 224);
                            utftext += String.fromCharCode(((c &gt;&gt; 6) &amp; 63) | 128);
                            utftext += String.fromCharCode((c &amp; 63) | 128);
                        }
                    }

return utftext;
            }

I also changed the lines:

**getUrl(url, Node.openUrl);**

to

**var unicodeText = this.inst.encodeUTF8(url);
    getURL(unicodeText, Node.openUrl);**

in the function **activateEvents**.

Links with unicode characters now work both in Internet Explorer and Firefox.

Regards,

Josef

: http://www.flashhilfe.de/forum/flash-mit-anderen-programmiersprachen/sonderzeichenkodierung-nach-utf8-in-flash-251268-251268.html

• Josef Meier

Josef Meier - 2009-10-20

This code is not correct, cause in IE6 and firefox the results will be different. They use a different url decoding scheme. Regarding to W3C utf-8 encoded urls should look like this &quot;…%xx%xx…&quot;. Firefox accepts also single byte syntax. But this seems not to be correct.

To make it short: Use this code instead of the one above, than UTF-8 encoded url links should work in Firefox and Internet Explorer 6-8.

// Url escape number. E.g. 220 -&gt; %DC.
    // Necessary cause UTF-8 encoded urls must have this url syntax: %xx%xx.
    // Else it only works in Internet Explorer but not in Firefox and vice versa.
    public function escape2URL(code:Number):String {
    return &quot;%&quot; + code.toString(16);
    }

// public method for url encoding.
        public function encodeUTF8(string:String):String {
            var utftext = &quot;&quot;;
            for (var n = 0; n &lt; string.length; n++) {
                var c = string.charCodeAt(n);

if (c &lt; 128) {
                    utftext += String.fromCharCode(C);
                }
                else if ((c &gt; 127) &amp;&amp; (c &lt; 2048)) {
                utftext += escape2URL((c &gt;&gt; 6) | 192);
                    utftext += escape2URL((c &amp; 63) | 128);
                }
                else {
                    utftext += escape2URL((c &gt;&gt; 12) | 224);
                    utftext += escape2URL(((c &gt;&gt; 6) &amp; 63) | 128);
                    utftext += escape2URL((c &amp; 63) | 128);
                }
            }
            return utftext;
        }

• Josef Meier

Josef Meier - 2009-10-20

Special characters are HTML escaped for some reason. Sorry :-(

• Rodney Willott

Rodney Willott - 2009-11-09

Has anyone got the source of visorFreemind.swf that will compile? I think the CVS has a bit missing. The downloded source files here compile to a slightly smaller .swf file that just hangs.

• Andy Pastuszak

Andy Pastuszak - 2009-11-18

Is tha Flash Browser still available anywhere.  I am not able to find it anywhere.

• Christian Foltin

Hi, the flash browser is integrated into git, already. Br, Chris

<< < 1 .. 5 6 7 (Page 7 of 7)

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks