files opened in File menue

Erio
2004-12-15
2013-04-11
  • Erio

Erio - 2004-12-15

Hi developers!

Is there a way to clear the list of files which has one opened with FreeMind?
    I created some private mindmaps and another user who has access to my computer should not see which files I've created.
    I searched the registry but didn't find the filelist. Do you store the list of recently opened files in a special file?

Bye,
    erio

• Erio

Erio - 2004-12-15

forget my question - I've found it.

For those who need this feature too (for windows): go to the folder \documents and settings\{username here}\freemind
      There's a file called auto.properties. Open this file with a texteditor like notepad and modify the line "lastOpened=blablabla" so that only "lastOpened=" remains.

Best wishes to all!

• Antonimo

Antonimo - 2004-12-16

In addition, you can set the file's atributes to make it "read only" and then recently used files will not be listed.

On a side note - I use the freeware software "Blowfish Advanced CS" to encrpt files and they can be decrypted, edited and the re-encrypted after use. It is simple enough to click on the encrypted file, enter the password and the application will launch with the file.

(http://www.lassekolb.info/bfacs.htm)

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks