When I save my mindmap file in FreeMind, it somehow
produces an XML file containing invalid characters as
I use it Win2K Server and Win2K Professional with
Turkish locale and Turkish keyboard (the operating
system is the English version). Also I tested it on my
friend's Debian box, the same problem there.
The problem is with the "Ý" character. If I change all
of them into "I" then the XML file is OK and I can
continue with FreeMind. However after saving same
You can see the output of my .mm file at:
It looks to me like there is some Java uppercase
conversion and this conversion function takes the "i"
in those XML attributes and make it "Ý" character,
which is OK if you view it with ISO-8859-9 coding, it
is the Turkish capital "i", something like "I" with a
dot on it. However this renders the XML file broken and
after I save my mindmap and exit the program, before I
open it again I have to open it with a text editor and
replace those "Ý" character with "I".
Hopen you can solve this.
Istanbul Bilgi University
Log in to post a comment.