A couple of changes...

Feedback
2008-04-04
2013-04-24
  • Nobody/Anonymous

First of all, I would like to say that FreeMeter is amazing.  I especially like the log capabilities; it's fascinating to keep track of my download/upload on a daily basis.

That being said, I would like to suggest a couple of features that I feel FreeMeter is lacking.  First of all, it would be helpful to have an auto-start for when Windows first loads, so that it can begin to track network usage immediately after turning on my computer, and I have no chance of forgetting.  Secondly, it would be nice to be able to change the colors of the actual graph in the window.  Maybe I'm stupid and don't see it, but I would really like to be able to change the graph color to, say, blue for download, and purple for upload.  Hand-in-hand with that idea comes the ability to chance the background color of the graph window.  if I want a black graph for download, I also want to make the background white or something else so I can see it.

Even if these options aren't put in the right-click menu directly, it would be nice to at least have them in the config.xml file.

• Mieszko Lassota

Mieszko Lassota - 2008-04-04

Hi,

about that auto-start with windows: it's doable, but it would require to create a service that would have to communicate with the gui, and this is something that i do not want to do... but if there is anyone so brave, please do contact me and i'll help as much as i can.

about those colors - yeah sure, i've noted this down in my magick book of todo's. the menu as it is for now sucks a bit and i was thinking about moving all the config to a nice one form instad of r-click menu... and as always - i'll try to do it as soon as possible...

reagards
      Miechu

• Nobody/Anonymous

startup option could be added into the installer. or as a quick alternative a shortcut could be added into the users startup directory

startup dir locations

vista- C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
           - C:\Users\**User Name**\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

WinXP - C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
            - C:\Documents and Settings\**User Name**\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

Win9x/98/Me - C:\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\StartUp

WinNT/2K - C:\Winnt\Profiles\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\StartUp

hope this helps

cheers
      Kiran

• Mieszko Lassota

Mieszko Lassota - 2008-05-01

Hi Kiran,

if this is how you want it - then sure, no problem, I'll add it with the options form.

regards
      Miechu

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks