Freemat is an intepreted, matrix-oriented development environment for engineering and scientific applications, similar to the commercial package MATLAB. It is available for Unix, Win32 and Mac OS X. This version features significant improvements over 1.09, including:
- sparse matrix support, including manipulation, solution of linear systems and eigenproblems,
- debug support - ability to set and manage breakpoints, and step through code, as well as auto stop when errors occur.
- better MATLAB compatibility through more support scripts
- GUI usability enhancements
- as well as the usual host of bug fixes.