I finally put together the packages for the next tech release, which is
now open for download. The Mac OSX packages are missing right now, they
should be assembled within the next week.
>From the Changelog:
* multiple images for ruins, cities, and temples
* capturing and razing of cities
* added income and upkeep; units desert if you lack money
* units can be built in cities
* winning/losing games mostly works again
* implemented rudimentary battles
* doubled tile size to 128x64 pixels; new tile graphics
* updated unit stats to some coherent scheme
* added debug output and some command line flags
* switched almost everything to guice (internal framework)
* more thorough commenting of the code
* added some unit tests
* various bugfixes
The game is still not really fun to play, this is the goal for the next
milestone. We also intend to change the release cycle from twice a year
to every three months (hopefully 2-3 releases per milestone), so the
next one is scheduled for Christmas.
Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.