What's the requirement for subtitling?

Help
mac
2005-06-02
2013-03-08
  • mac

mac - 2005-06-02

Thanx for a great program!

I saw that subtitles are supported. I'd like to get subtitles when viewing DivX, with what tool should I rip the movie to get this to work? (I'm using AutoGK http://www.free-codecs.com/download/AutoGK.htm\)

I'm a newbie in this area....

/mac

• Mayco

Mayco - 2005-06-02

you need a program like Subrip to rip subtitles from a dvd. google will tell you where to find it.

• mac

mac - 2005-06-03

Thanx, I got it to work now, but I have an artifact.

A lot of characters shows an extra irritating pixel below the "text line" so to speak. E.g. under the 'u' there is an extra dot. Is this a feature on the server or client side, i.e. who is generating the image of the subtitles?

My setup is a KISS DP-1500 connected to Sanyo plv-z3 projector (through component) so I guess it's basically a scaling problem. But if it's the server that generates the image, maybe there is a chance of doing something about it (changing font e.g.)?

/mac

• Mayco

Mayco - 2005-06-03

the kiss player renders the subtitles, there is nothing i can do about it.

• rahrah

rahrah - 2006-01-09

I have an mpeg2 movie, movie.mpg, and the file movie.srt. VLC displays the subtitles, but Freekiss does not at all on my Kiss DP-558.
      DivX avi files do display subtitles via Freekiss on DP-558.
      What to change for the mpeg2/srt combination?

Greetz and thx.

• Mayco

Mayco - 2006-01-09

If they have exactly the same name, it should work... Perhaps the srt isn't a real srt? If it is a real one, you could try to send me a log of what happens when you request the file.