Configuring LU name

Help
Core
2005-10-22
2012-10-26
  • Core

Core - 2005-10-22

I have IBM TN3270 terminal emulator, wich uses LU names in it's profiles - I am setting this property manually in config file.
    How can I configure LU name in FreeHost emulator core?

PS. I know that IBM emulator connects to tn3270 server only, therefore no session servers used; no properties for session server defined in IBM profile config file.

• ShAnE

ShAnE - 2007-01-05

I need to do the same thing.

Out server rejects any connections that do not provide a LU / device / resource name.

From what I've gathered from RFC 2355 ( http://www.rfc-archive.org/getrfc.php?rfc=2355 )
      this is part of the 3270E spec. and is sent to the server as part of the CONNECT or BIND
      steps.
      I've gone through the freehost3270 code in CVS and I can't find any mention of this.

Is there any support for this in the code? (have I've missed it)?
      If not, would this be a major change?

If I'm pointed in the right direction I'd be happy to do some work on this.

ShAnE

• Jon Strayer

Jon Strayer - 2007-01-07

No, there is no support for LU names. If you wanted to add it I believe you will want to send a CONNECT command in the RWTelnet.connect(String, int) method.

• Core

Core - 2005-12-13

Maybe someone knows any opensource projects like this one with the same functionality plus ability to define LUName manually?

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks