welcome to the "freeglut" community. I'm glad you were
able to resolve your question.
are a volunteer community with day jobs, there is a lot that doesn't get
done that should get done. I invite you to write a small piece for
the "freeglut" API documentation on this
At 03:19 AM 12/27/2009, you wrote:
Looking at the freeglut
I discover that there is a tag GLUT_RENDERING_CONTEXT that
do exactly what I need...
the following command solved everything for me...
glutSetOption(GLUT_RENDERING_CONTEXT ,GLUT_USE_CURRENT_CONTEXT );
everything is now working in my program
it' is a pitty that this function is not described in the freeglut
2009/12/27 Loic Quertenmont
- Ha, thanks for the comment...
- on opengl FAQ,
- I see: "GLUT does not allow display list
sharing. You can obtain the GLUT source, and make your own
glutCreateWindow() and glutSetWindow() function calls. You can then
modify the source to expose display list sharing. When doing so, you need
to make sure your modified routines still work with the rest of
- can you give me some hints on how to do this?
- looking at this other thread
- it seems that it is enough to have one unique opengl context that is
shared by all the window...
- and make a wglMakeCurrent or a glxMakeCurrent at the
begining of the display function of each window.
- Why not adding this feature in freeGlut? doesn't
seems to complicated and can be very usefull (in particular now that
shaders and VBO starts to be the standard).
- for now, I will try to do it internally in my soft, can
you tell me how I can get the context of one particular window?
- Thanks for help,
- Paul Martz wrote:
- >Yes it's possible to share objects between contexts in an OpenGL
- >program; see the GLX spec at
opengl.org for info. However, this is
- >freeglut list and this capability has never been supported in
- >GLUT/freeglut, as far as I know.
This SF.Net email is sponsored by the Verizon Developer Community
Take advantage of Verizon's best-in-class app development support
A streamlined, 14 day to market process makes app distribution fast and
Join now and get one step closer to millions of Verizon customers
Freeglut-developer mailing list