multiple interfaces, one car

2002-12-13
2013-04-24
  • Mitja Bezget

Mitja Bezget - 2002-12-13

Hello,

I'd like to figure out some of the messages between the car and VWtool, vag-com, VAG1552, etc and code a few new features for scantool.

How to start? I've got two Jeff Noxon's interfaces which work great and i thought about connecting them to the car in parallel. Afterall, K-line is a multi-node bus, right? But when I connect the second notebook+inteface to OBD2 connector, the first one stops working. Thats my first problem. So far I only tested it on Peugeot 306 '99 (EOBD), i'll try it on Seat Leon '02 later today (obviously both cars are ISO).

Now to the second problem.  How do I actually listen to the traffic on K-line while not sending anything (not even init)? Is that the 'watch' function in scantool?

I'm sure some of you guys have already done this, so please give me some pointers.

Regards,
    Mitja

• Richard Almeida

Richard Almeida - 2003-01-06

The watch function should help you, I also have something specifically to watch and log, will send you source if you email me your email

Cheers
      R

• Mitja Bezget

Mitja Bezget - 2003-01-16

Hey,

Thanks for replying! I sent you an private email, but it seemed to get lost. Please send me that source code to gw AT tgpsoftware DOT com.

Mitja

• reece146

reece146 - 2006-09-14

Hi, did any one ever figure out how to have more than one scanner connected to a vehicle at a time?

I would like to have a carputer connected to the car passively while still having access to a port for my hand held unit to reset codes, etc.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks