The FreeCol team are mostly pleased to announce the release of FreeCol 0.11.2. This is a bug fix release to clean up yet more annoying problems in version 0.11.0/1. All 0.10.x and 0.11.x games should continue to work with 0.11.2.
We hope you enjoy FreeCol 0.11.2. Onward to 1.0.
The FreeCol Team
On Windows in full screen mode multiple users have reported that the main window flashes or minimizes when a dialog pops up. This is BR#2729 and is discussed here. Thus far it appears to be a peculiarity of Windows Java. Some mitigation has been added in this release, but the easiest work around is to use windowed mode which is now the default.
We now require at least Java 7 to build FreeCol. However it appears that the legacy Java 6 package needs to be installed to run FreeCol on MacOS. We would welcome further clarification of this situation.
Since the 0.11.1 release, 45 new bugs have been reported. 4 are open, 8 are open but need more information, 24 were fixed, 7 were invalid, 1 has been reclassified as a Pending Feature, and 1 was out of date when reported. Four older bugs have also been resolved. There are 51 open bugs in FreeCol, with UI issues being the main source of problems.
User-visible changes since 0.11.1-release
- Windowed mode is now the default
- The default window size in windowed mode now tries harder to avoid operating system menu bars and decoration
- In FreeCol rules, Pocahontas now overrides the mission-ban
- Buying land from the natives now actually requires funds again, BR#2748
- Build queue dialog correctly updates the current buildable progress display
- Custom difficulty setting and loading should work again (several bugs)
- Adjacent settlement restrictions loosened
- Add "stock accounts for production" client option
- Include equipment in all unit labels where it can vary in quantity, BR#2749
- It is no longer possible to give foreign units a goto order, BR#2759
- Minerals production fixes, BR#2762
- Autosave directory is now always a subdirectory of the save directory
- Several improvements to menu sizing, BR#2763
- Exploring regions works with goto commands, BR#2761
- Mod preferences should work again
- Improvements to map font scaling
- Mission establishment should work immediately, BR#2775
- Added --full-screen command line option
- Europe panel resizing, BR#2320
- Allow first contact by sea with amphibious moves enabled, BR#2780
- Goto paths are cleared on completion, BR#2785
- All the trade route logic is now in the client, the server only provides persistance
- All user commands now return success/fail, except those that do not return
- Resource and window initialization disentangled, contributed by wintertime
- Reworking of localization routines is underway