From: Michael Vehrs <Michael.Burschik@gm...> - 2011-01-22 10:50:15
We have released FreeCol 0.10.0-alpha. The new release should be able to
read all 0.9.x savegames.
Changes to increase Colonization compatibility:
* secondary production no longer benefits from plowing
* horse production consumes less food
* treasure from destroyed native settlements is now closer to the original
* choice of cargo to loot when winning a naval battle
* clearing a tile will sometimes uncover a resource
* Spanish national advantage now includes attack bonus against natives
Other user-visible changes:
* new theme
* selectable rules
* custom difficulty
* new goods type "grain"
* "clear forest" accelerator is now "C", "center" is now "Ctrl-C"
* display the last sale price of goods at native settlements
* many bugs fixed, some quite old:-)
* better client-server communication, reduces synchronization issues
* cleaned up external dependencies (cortado, etc.)
* fixed sound for some (most/all?) users
* localization files are now encoded as UTF-8
Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.