2011-09-08
2013-01-10
  • Nobody/Anonymous

Can't load a game saved in 10.2.

• Mike Pope

Mike Pope - 2011-09-09

Can't debug a no detail problem.

• Nobody/Anonymous

Hmmm,  I'm not even a programmer and I can duplicate that:  start a new game, save it, exit the program and then try to load it-doesn't work for me either.

Still can't save the settings for the difficulty screen and it ignores the numbers I put in.

• Nobody/Anonymous

Units get "lost" when they are only 1-2 spaces away (sometimes further away) from their intended destination-nothing blocking the pathway.

I set the variables to what I want and it seems to ignore them.  Not sure what else to say about that.

Kudos for fixing it so that it only takes away the surplus rather than setting it at 20 every time.

• Mike Pope

Mike Pope - 2011-09-10

> start a new game, save it, exit the program and then try to load it-doesn't work for me either

OK, thanks for that.  However this does not happen for me (we make few promises about the amount of testing that goes into a FreeCol release, but start-save-reload is probably pretty safe).  So what is different?  The best place to look now would be in the log file (usually called FreeCol.log).  If it contains a crash message, well `thar's yer problem'.  A bug report with the log file attached or the crash message posted here would be the way to make progress. 

• Nobody/Anonymous

>Can't load a game saved in 10.2.

It works for me-but I also used the continue playing button, so it might have accessed a autosave file.

Can you add a data field to the prisoners that says how many turns it has to serve?

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks