Bring back the old settlement screen

2010-01-15
2013-01-10
  • Nobody/Anonymous

Not to be unappreciative. I do like 0.9. But could you bring back the old settlement screen as a option. I liked it better because I could see more stuff from the main screen. Also i didn't have to remember what the images meant.

• Nobody/Anonymous

I like the new colony building graphics, but maybe a little too large? You can stretch the colony window, so that everything will show properly. As for building names, just hover the mouse over each one and it tells you what type they are.

• Nobody/Anonymous

Yeah, as a usability engineer, I've got to say 0.9 took a step backwards in terms of discoverability and general GUI ease of use.

• Phil Grant

Phil Grant - 2010-01-17

I like the new display, but there are things about the old display that I prefer.

1. I prefer the way the old version displayed manufactured goods below their respective raw materials: rum under sugar, coats under furs, etc.

2. I prefer the way the old version displayed construction progress in the main window rather than in a pop-up. I could immediately see the effects of redeploying workers in a "what-if" query.

• Nobody/Anonymous

Moreover, it shows the positive food surplus but does not show its negative value (excessive consumption). So, if you inadvertently put too many colonists into the colony, you shall only after some turns receive the "famine feared in…" warning. (You may check it in the Colony Report though.)

• Nobody/Anonymous

I like the post, about the food surplus graphic changing. A few times now, I have forgotten about the famine feared turn report and next turn, I find a colonist has starved to death! At least how it was before, you could actually see how much food there was, as in plus/minus etc. It's shown with other materials/goods. For example, having extra lumber in your stores, with a lumberjack producing less than a carpenter can build. Bring that back, but I do like the new building designs.

• Nobody/Anonymous

another bug is some times the popup you get when you hover over a building will just flash a disappear.

• Misiulo

Misiulo - 2010-01-22

Another rather minor bug, but still worth reporting. Sometimes, after drag&dropping a colonist in the colony screen, it gets stuck, can't move him, but after closing and re-opening the colony screen it returns to normal. Did you know this one? I'm afraid this might be one of those hard to reproduce, perhaps some windows-java disagreement…?

• Darklord

Darklord - 2010-01-23

Not one that i can remember.

Will look into it.

• Nobody/Anonymous

@misiulo: "Sometimes, after drag&dropping a colonist in the colony screen, it gets stuck…"

That may be due to a bug that I reported: Bug ID: 2930345

• Nobody/Anonymous

Old settlement menu for me too please.

• Robin_Patterson

Robin_Patterson - 2010-02-06

I like the pictures of buildings, and they are necessary for compatibility with Col1.

• Mike Pope

Mike Pope - 2010-02-15

This topic is being closed, hopefully temporarily, to discourage a persistent spammer.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks