Menu

new problem

Help
dconklin
2020-11-05
2023-12-12
  • dconklin

dconklin - 2020-11-05

I'm running Freecol 11.6 (20200914) and I had fun yesterday playing the game.
    Today, it won't turn on. Any ideas as to why that might be?

• David Conklin

David Conklin - 2020-11-06

NM; I didn't use the executable jar file!

• Trekkerman

Trekkerman - 2023-12-10

Hi, Sorry for using this thread. I'm new to source forge and can't figure out how to make my own so I'm just going to use this one because it is a "new problem" in a way.

I've been making a new mod recently where I add 5 new units(2 wagon type units and 3 colonist type units). They all work as intended and everything is fine except graphics wise. I have the different images for each model e.g dragoon, pioneer, soldier, missionary and have them listed properly in my resource properties file but I do not how to go from there. At the moment the units wok fine and FreeCol displays them in their base(civilian) form however when testing the mod out and equipping them with tools/muskets/horses the error X image takes their place. How to I get the game to see the path where the correct images are stored from within the mod?

I have gone through all the code I could acces in the freecol main files to look for clues but I can not find any. The closest I came to a clue was the role and unit changes that occur but that can't be it because as I understand unit changes entirely change the unit and not just the equipment status etc? I do not quite 100% understand role changes and so I can't implement them.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

• Trekkerman

Trekkerman - 2023-12-12

Nevermind I got it fixed. Just had a stupid typo in resource.properties :D