Menu

map controls went right

Help
2022-07-27
2022-07-30
  • Shpek Deluxe

Shpek Deluxe - 2022-07-27

Hi, for some reason the map controls overlay went right(see screenshot) and now I cannot return it to its original state. Any ideas what happened and how I can reset the map controls position? (Windows 7, FreeCol 0.13.0)

• Stian Grenborgen

You can fix this by changing "Preferences > Interface > Map Controls > Map Controls" to "Corners". Afterwards you need to restart the game in order for the change to have effect.

• Stian Grenborgen

Are anyone actually using the classic map controls (intentionally)? We should either just remove the classic map controls or invest some time into making it better. For example, switching map control should have immediate effect rather than requiring a restart.

• Shpek Deluxe

Shpek Deluxe - 2022-07-29

Hey, the suggested approach actually worked, thanks :) Seems I have missed the part with the application restart when I was trying to find a solution.
    About the classic map controls - I personally think this variant of the view is unneeded, also it seems kinda buggy to me(overlaps part of the map from the right...). I also agree that the change of the map controls view should take effect without restart.
    Oh and BTW the default keyboard combination for the map controls visibility toggling doesn't work(CTRL+M) - when I modify this keyboard shortcut to something else - it is working.

• Mike Pope

Mike Pope - 2022-07-30

Are anyone actually using the classic map controls (intentionally)?

Not I. IIRC when the new ones were introduced there were some hold out
    users, but that is a while back now.

We should either just remove the classic map controls or invest some time into making it better. For example, switching map control should have immediate effect rather than requiring a restart.

+1 for removal, the code complication is a pain.