9.5 Freezing

FreeCol
WmWConnors
2010-11-21
2013-01-10
  • WmWConnors

WmWConnors - 2010-11-21

I have just installed the latest version on my Windows 7 HP. After one or two turns, it always freezes up now. The older versions would freeze occasionally, but I could get around it by saving (that still worked) and restarting. This is a much more brutal freeze.

FreeCol is one of my favorite games (THANKS!) and I'm starting to go into withdrawl…any ideas?

• Michael Vehrs

Michael Vehrs - 2010-11-22

At the very least, we need a log file. A save game would be better.

• manuyjo

manuyjo - 2010-12-22

Hello I have the same problem with a multiplayer game or a single game. It is very frustrating because I nether could finish a game alone or in multiplayer. Even if I reuse old savegame to restart the game before the freeze, I am always blocked, I try to reconnect and nothing appends. I need to kill the game. I am on Windows XP SP3 and Freecol 0.95. I use Java 6 Update16.
    In this game I join, the game freezes at 1548 on Cherokis turn.

• Anonymous - 2010-12-22

I'm a bit of a newbie so you may already have tried this - ever time the game freezes on me I go up to the  "game" menu and click "reconnect" and the game unfreezes.  hope this helps.

But I never have been able to get multi-player to work.  and how does multiplayer work?  I can't picture player for hours on end - is there a save feature or is it turn based?  is there another thread about this in the forum?