Building error on Vista with Windows SDK

danielp
2008-02-23
2013-04-23
  • danielp
    danielp
    2008-02-23

I've downloaded FRAMEWAVE_1.0_SRC.zip and when I tried to build it (with scons) I get the following error message:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.0\VC\Include\intrin.h(912) : error C2733: second C linkage of overloaded function '_interlockedbittestandset' not allowed

Any ideas?

• S.P.Kiran
      S.P.Kiran
      2008-02-23

Just one question from my side is that which version of VC++ you're using.

I would recommend to build Framewave Libs with VC++ 2005. We have not tested it with Windows SDK.

• C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.0>cl
      Microsoft (R) 32-bit C/C++ Optimizing Compiler Version 14.00.50727.42 for 80x86
      Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

VC++ Express and the compilers in the SDK and DDK are free and (I believe) identical to their Studio versions.

• danielp
      danielp
      2008-02-23

Update.

I've just built it succesfully with the PlatformSDK on XP.

Umm... a 165 megs pdb for fwImage.

• it seems that they have made Windows SDK 6.1 compatible with Vista and seamless integrtion with Visual Studio 2008. I think Windows SDK 6.0 may have compatibility issues with Vista.

• danielp
      danielp
      2008-02-25

In any case, I wanted a debug build so that I can step through the source code when needed. And I can do that with the build I did on XP.

I'll use this till I decide to download another 1.3 gig from MS.

thanks

• I ran into this problem too. On XP, with a Vista SDK. (I may be one back from the latest).

It turns out that Windows.h defines these two intrinsics as does the intrin.h file used by FrameWave.

The temporary fix - recommended by several, is to comment-out the offending definitions in intrin.h.

Perhaps another tactic is to split things up so that intrin.h and the windows.h don't both appear in the same "compilation unit". Much more thinking involved/potential for error - so I went for // instead.

• Ravindra Babu
      Ravindra Babu
      2008-05-14

The problem is mainly due to the usage of incompatible version of windows SDK

I tried compiling Framewave on XP with two different version of the SDK

1) Platform SDK for windows server 2003 R2 (Compatible with XP) – Compilation Success

2) Windows Vista Software Development Kit (SDK) – Error produced as posted above

Solution is to install the right version of SDK.