I closed the ticket yesterday, but today the font generation stopped working again. Here are the full details:
Windows 8 Pro, 64bit on Samsung Slate, installed on C:\ SSD, Fontforge installed in the default C:\Programs (x86)\fontforge folder. Special thing is, that my user folders (including AppData) are on a micro sd mounted as o:\ and linked with an symbolic link (I know, that's not a good solution), but the temp folders are still on the C:\ SSD.
At first I had my working files and the generated fonts in my user\documents folder (which is located on the SD card). Turned out that all generated files are 0kb and not valid. Yesterday I moved the whole stuff into a C:\programs (x86)\fontforge\myfonts folder and all was fine at first. Saving and generating worked perfectly, I closed the ticket. But after an hour or so I couldn't save my .sfd anymore "save failed". Great. The font generation didn't work no more too, giving me validation errors (but when I checked them "No errors found").
This morning I moved the files again, directly to C:\mygreatfonts. Saving works now, but the font generation gives me 0kb files AGAIN. Trying to save/generate into the fontforge install folder is still telling me "save failed".
This is really driving me nuts right now. I'm doing the same work over and over again without knowing if it will save this time or not.
I have a couple of programs installed, inkscape, gimp ... and none of them needs extra tender loving care to just save a file.
Log in to post a comment.