I'm trying to edit the Bistream Vera Sans Mono font to
add some new glyphs that are useful in XTerms, as well
as generate more of the combined accent glpyhs
automatically, but I keep coming up against a problem.
If I just open up the original .TTF file, set a new
name in the Font Info page, and re-export it out as a
.TTF file, the new font generates lines that are
somewhat taller than the original. I've compared the
ascent, descent and line gap parameters between the two
fonts, again in the Font Info page, and I can't see any
differences. Though, I have no other font editor by
which to compare them.. there may be some subtle
differences I can't see...
Log in to post a comment.