Why limit FOA to opening ...

2003-02-15
2003-02-17
  • Sean Wheller

Sean Wheller - 2003-02-15

Why limit FOA to opening only its own Attributes sets.

It would be far more useful if people could open their exiting xsl files and either make changes directly or create customizations based on existing xsl.

XWriter

• Fabio Giannetti

Fabio Giannetti - 2003-02-17

Hi Sean,
        limiting FOA to open only its Attribute Sets, as well as its own XSL-T stylesheet is dictated by the impossibility to map arbitrary XSL-T into a "brick" concept. FOA has the clear advantage to help XSL-T, for FO generation, to create their stylesheets using a GUI Engineering tool rather than an XSL-T editor which has the possibility to open all the different XSL-Ts but is not giving you more than a syntax highlighting and or tag names and well formed information.
      For what concern the attribute sets I believe it could be easier to import a CSS2 document and transform it into an Attribute Set, but importing generic XSL-Ts will require a lot of user expertise and understanding that I feel it quite unuseful.
      BTW, if you have any suggestions about possible extensions I will very happy to talk trough, so please feel free to submit one !!!
      Regards,
      Fabio Giannetti

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks