additional tags/details added to photo

wtreee
2006-03-27
2013-03-22
  • wtreee

wtreee - 2006-03-27

Before I upload my photos, I include much of the information in the IPTC fields, but on flickr I add additional tags, description some times.

Is there anyway to add this information to the file that is downloaded? 

Thanks for the software, its great!

• Andrew Serff

Andrew Serff - 2006-03-27

Yes, This is related to the RFE here:
      https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1305454&group_id=147249&atid=767790

and here:
      https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1436583&group_id=147249&atid=767790

I'm still trying to come up with the correct solution for this.  The main problem I'm having is finding a free Java EXIF / IPTC WRITER (not reader).  I'll let you know when I make more progress.

Thanks!
      Andrew

• Ben

Ben - 2006-05-18

Have you gone further with the adding of keywords into the image file ? Would love it !!

• Andrew Serff

Andrew Serff - 2006-05-18

I have done some investigation into the matter, but no, I have not been able to implement it yet.  I'm waiting for another developer to complete some work on his library that can write to EXIF headers.  I do however have a version of FB that uses photo titles and set titles as filenames now!  You can check that out from CVS if you don't want to wait for me to release it. 

• Dr. Bernhard Riedl

hi andrew!

any news from your co-worker about the exif lib? - it would be really great to have that feature in your software...

thanks a lot.

bernhard

• Andrew Serff

Andrew Serff - 2007-03-07

A new version of ImageRO (v190) was released a while back that I think supports what I need, but I haven't had the time to work on this for a while (along with anything else in FlickrBackup).  So while I think all the pieces are in place, I haven't had the time to code/test this up.  There is going to need to be a lot of testing done with this and right now, I really don't have the time to do it.  Sorry!

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks