Menu

vloopback problem

Anonymous
2012-03-09
2013-04-15
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2012-03-09

Hi,
    Considering the possibility to give distance lectures with Classilio (a test …), i try to get my WebCam work properly with flash).
    I follow the howto at the flashcam page. arriving to the flashcam -L command, here is the answer. It seems that the vLoopBak has a problem and still running.

francois@bureau-linux:~/downloads/flashcam-1.4.5$ sudo flashcam -L
    Scanning devices
    ------
    Found V4L2 Capture device: /dev/video0. zc3xx/USB Camera (046d:08af). Current Size:  320x240 Format: JPEG
    Found V4L Video loopback input: /dev/video2
    ------
    Error: Vloopback module already loaded.

I previously installed another flashcam-1.1 but it didn't work. Is there a link between this and that ? Or is there another problem ?
    I've tried to unistall properly, but it did'nt help, stop session and renew it. etc.
    Webcam Cheese installed. another possible problem ?
    Ubuntu 10.04, flash reader update normally, Webcam Logitech QuickCam Connect

I'm not an Ubuntu expert so … be kind to me. I keep hanging at the code, and still not really efficient, but … i can survive ;-).

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2012-03-09

Hi to everybody. It seems that now, the program works fine and the loopBack problem is soved (a simple sequence safe unistall + reboot + install is correct).
    However i find the same problem again that the one I had with flash cam v1.1 : format is incorrect, so the list of web cam is not proposed.as the code shows it.

francois@bureau-linux:~/downloads/flashcam-1.4.5$ flashcam
    Scanning devices
    ------
    Found V4L2 Capture device: /dev/video0. zc3xx/USB Camera (046d:08af). Current Size:  640x480 Format: JPEG
    Found V4L Video loopback input: /dev/video2
    ------
    Forwarding frames from /dev/video0 to /dev/video2
    Input device: /dev/video0
    Size = 320 x 240
    Pixel format = JPEG
    Bpl = 320
    Unsupported format.
    francois@bureau-linux:~/downloads/flashcam-1.4.5$ flashcamwrap firefox Test/webcamtest.html
    ERROR: ld.so: object '/usr/local/flashcam/flashcamhook.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored.

An other error appear at the bottom : what does it mean ?
    Finally, the lsub -v command gave me the exact answer to tyhe question : what is exactly my web cam : a logitech QuickCam Easy/Cool.
    So, my question is : how can i solve the problem ?
    THX
    François

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2012-03-09

This project was once a life saver, but it does not seem to be maintained much at all anymore so you should check out
    WebcamStudio at http://www.ws4gl.org/home .

I found it recently when I thought of going back here to get some help with compiling this on a newer release and WebcamStudio has used this basic functionality and taken it to many higher levels.  It is especially designed to do what it seems you are hoping for.