Menu

One-Jar requires many more .jars than Eclipse

Help
2008-11-21
2013-05-20
  • Dean Schulze

Dean Schulze - 2008-11-21

My project runs in Eclipse, but when I build a Fat Jar (using the One-Jar option) I get ClassDefNotFoundExceptions.  I've gone through the drill of adding a .jar to solve one ClassDefNotFoundException only to get another, ..., ad nausem. 

If Fat Jar is based on the Eclipse build path settings, why won't the executable .jar run with the same libraries that Eclipse uses to run the project?

The only difference I can see is that Eclipse includes the jre libs, but I don't think this is the problem.  The additional libraries I've had to add to the Eclipse project to solve ClassDefNotFoundExceptions have been JBoss libraries, not jre libs.

Why does Fat Jar require .jar files that I don't need when I run the project through Eclipse?

Thanks.

• Donna Gresh

Donna Gresh - 2008-11-21

are you perhaps seeing this problem?

https://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=2014145&forum_id=396533

I found this as well when I installed the latest fat jar plugin. I couldn't find an answer to it so I went back to using an older version.

• Ferenc Hechler

Ferenc Hechler - 2008-11-21

Hello Dean,

do you have a normal Java Project or is it another nature (J2EE?)? Perhaps there are some additional ClassPaths like JBOSS_LIB which are defined by the other nature, I am not sure about that.
      Normally User-Libs are resolved, but If the User-Libs are defined in another project and are not exported, than they will not be added to the Fat-Jar. This behaviour was changed shortly in release 0.0.26 and removed again with release 0.0.27. Which Version do You use?

Best regards,

feri

• Dean Schulze

Dean Schulze - 2008-11-21

Feri,

I have version 0.27.

This is a normal Java project (a web service client that connects to JBoss web services).

This project has no references to any other projects.