Menu

When will the next release be?

2009-12-22
2017-06-29
  • Michael Furmaniuk

When will the next release of FitLibrary be?  I'd like to be able to start using this with at the very least the 11/21 build successfully, I have had stability problems there, or maybe the Edge releases.  Is there a delay due to some of the issues Rick noted recently on the "Fitnesse - the future" thread on the Yahoo group?

Would it be worth downloading the source and running FitLibrary against some of the newer Fitnesse builds, I'm happy to try it out - although I am not a Developer so I may encounter stupid issues from time to time.  I wouldn't want that to be a distraction.

Thanks,

Michael

• Rick Mugridge

Rick Mugridge - 2009-12-23

Hi Michael,

As you say, there are problems with the latest FitNesse, so you'll need to use the edge version of that.

I am in the process now of looking at FitLibrary with that edge version, and will make a release if it will be at all helpful. The two parts most likely to break in FitLibrary due to dependencies on FitNesse are loading defined actions and the batch runner (which in turn is based on a variation of Gojko's trinidad).

Cheers, Rick

• Rick Mugridge

Rick Mugridge - 2009-12-23

There are several problems with the latest edge version of FitLibrary. 110 of the FitLibrary specifications now fail.

I suggest you stick with the previous version of FitNesse for now.

Cheers, Rick

• Michael Furmaniuk

Rick,

Does this include the latest Fitnesse 20100103 release?  I'm going to assume so since the Edge had to go somewhere.  ;-)

I didn't realize Trinidad was that closely related to FitLibrary, is that going to continue in the future?

Sorry for all the questions, just trying to make sure I get a good idea on where things are headed.

Thanks,

Michael

• Michael Furmaniuk

I did a small check today, because I was trying to set up a test with SharePoint (what I will be testing against once we actually have code written), but on the base install I did some slight checking.  With Fitnesse 20100103 and the latest package of FitLibrary I was able to get the following to work:

- get url
    - page source
    - poll url timeout
    - click ID (using a simple Web Part I developed)

I haven't gotten too much more done yet, I'm doing some of this work in parallel, but thought I'd let you know since I have some things in place and can do some checking now while coding happens.  I haven't tried everything, but for what I can do now this works well for me.

Thanks again for a great tool!

Michael

• Dharmesh Patel

Dharmesh Patel - 2013-04-18

When is the next release going to be out to support latest FitNesse version?  I couldn't get define actions slowly to work with latest FitNesse jars.

• Rick Mugridge

Rick Mugridge - 2017-06-29

We have no plans to provide further releases. There's an opportunity for someone else to take over the project and develop it further.

Cheers, Rick