V5.3-003 is a new GT.M release with useful additional functionality. Complete details are in the release notes (http:// www.fidelityinfoservices.com/user_documentation/html/rn_tb/GTM_V5.3-0...).
* IO to a process. A GT.M process can now OPEN a process, WRITE to that process and READ from that process. For the simplest usage, application code can now write directly to, say, the lpr command to send output directly to a print spooler without the need for a temporary intermediate file. For a more complicated example, you can use an external program like iconv to translate between encodings of strings by writing to its STDIN and reading from its STDOUT. Details are in a technical bulletin (http://www.fidelityinfoservices.com/ user_documentation/html/rn_tb/PIPE_IO_Technical_Bulletin.html).
* ZSHOW now supports a new code "G" that reports per process global variable statistics (great for performance measurement, tuning and benchmarking).
* Optional compression of the replication stream using the standard zlib library (http://www.zlib.net).
* Full support for Mapped Memory (MM) database access.
* A permanent fix to the buffer overflow security vulnerability (http://www.fidelityinfoservices.com/NR/rdonlyres/ D14A492F-09E5-4DBE-91DE-6F6C822461A7/0/0810232dS9I10002703gtmsecshr.pdf).
When downloading, please verify the checksums before installation. The cksum checksums for the files are on the release announcements page (http://www.fidelityinfoservices.com/FNFIS/Markets/ NonFinancialIndustries/Healthcare/GTM/InfoBulletins/20081230.htm).
Log in to post a comment.