From: Alan Humpherys <alangh@us...> - 2003-11-28 23:05:08
I am glad to hear that you are willing to do our Dutch translation of
Fire! Here is some information to get you started:
1) You should join the fire-localization mailing list. That is the
best place to ask questions and get help from the other localizers.
You can sign up for this list here:
2) Alessandro, our Italian localizer put together a localization "how
to" for Fire at:
3) In the past, we have used a wide range of tools for the
localization, but I wanted to encourage everyone to move toward
4) The Apple Tools are freely downloadable at :
5) Apple has a "how-to" on localization at:
6) As a final step in preparing to submit your localization, you can
use the following tool to strip out everything except the pieces you
need to submit. The purpose of this utility is to prepare the package
we upload to the tracker after finishing localization; it strips all
files that are not required by your language localization. Now it
creates a .tar.gz package:
7) When your localization is completed, please upload your translation
to the tracker at:
8) Just last week we created a localization build, with all of the User
Interface for 1.0 ready to go. This is also our alpha candidate for
the release. You can download the software to be localized at:
We have a goal of finishing the localizations by the end of next week
(if possible). Since you are just now getting information about this,
I know that is very short notice. So take a look and see how long you
think it might take.
Again, don't hesitate to ask questions on the fire-localization mailing
Thanks again for your willingness to help!!!
P.S. By way of introduction, I have forwarded this message on to the
fire-localization mailing list.
Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.